- 2022.05.13 Our Fiftieth Wedding Anniversary
- 2022.01.22 Our Old Country Place
- 2022.01.14 Outside the Box Released
- 2022.01.01 Recap of 2021
- 2021.10.05 Kathy's Visit
- 2021.10.01 Jamming at La Rocca
- 2021.09.27 Jamming at the Dominion House
- 2021.09.12 Community Yard Sale
- 2021.09.04 D'Arcy Turns Seventy-One
- 2021.08.25 D'Arcy Retires... Again
- 2021.08.09 Getting Our New Glasses
- 2021.07.30 Our New Grand Cherokee
- 2021.06.23 The World Through New Eyes
- 2021.06.21 Our Second Covid Vaccination
- 2021.05.13 Celebrating 49 years of marriage
- 2021.04.29 Goodbye Uncle Jimmy
- 2021.04.08 Goodbye Aunt Mary
- 2021.04.02 Our Covid Shots
- 2021.03.27 Carol turns Seventy One
- 2021.01.01 Recap of 2020
- 2020.10.04 TBS Award Winner
- 2020.09.20 Breakfast with Kathy
- 2020.09.04 D'Arcy Reaches Seventy
- 2020.07.27 Good Bye Patricia Mayock
- 2020.07.17 Kingsville Opens Up
- 2020.05.23 Happy Fortieth Chris
- 2020.05.13 48 years of Wedded Bliss
- 2020.01.01 Recap Of 2019
- 2019.10.15 Our Trip to Montreal
- 2019.09.25 D'Arcy Goes Bald
- 2019.09.04 D'Arcy's Sixty-Ninth Birthday
- 2019.06.29 Visiting Robert and Laura
- 2019.06.24 D'Arcy and Alain Play Music
- 2019.06.13 An Day with Po and Joe
- 2019.06.10 Making Hair, Cutting Wine
- 2019.05.18 BSDCan 2019 in Ottawa
- 2019.05.13 47 Years of Wedded Bliss
- 2019.04.21 A Very Cain Easter Sunday
- 2019.04.17 Two for the Show
- 2019.01.01 Recap of 2018
2022.05.13 Our Fiftieth Wedding Anniversary
Last updated: None
This love story started in Montreal North I lived on L'Hotel de Ville and D'Arcy lived on Gouin Boulevard. D'Arcy went to my house and asked my mother "can I marry Carol" and mom said "come back in ten years". Mom said "son of a gun, he did" D'Arcy proposed to me at Café de la Gare at Place Ville Marie in Montreal. On May 13, 1972 we tied the knot.
This morning we woke up and it did not feel any different except this lovely couple was married for fifty years today and we would not have it any other way. Yes, we still love each other.
A good friend of ours, Kathy Troiana who we met when D'Arcy and I enjoyed motorcycle riding, drove out and met us at the 19th Hole Restaurant in the RV resort here. We had a big breakfast and talked and took pictures of course. When Carol has the camera pictures are not far behind. Kathy paid for our breakfast as an anniversary present. Then we walked to our new RV and D'Arcy helped Kathy with some computer problems. We visited a bit more and then Kathy left after a great visit.
Two For The Show mentioned our 50th Anniversary during their show in Whitby at Monica's request. She sent us a short video of the announcement. We would like to thank her for that.
Then we had a Zoom party where friends and family dropped in to wish us happy anniversary. Thank you for everyone that joined in.
We did have a wonderful day.