- 2018.05.01 Back in our Regular Spot
- 2018.04.17 Coming Home to Cumberland
- 2018.03.30 Hello Canada
- 2018.03.27 My Birthday In Memphis
- 2018.03.26 Visiting Memphis
- 2018.03.25 Goodbye New Orleans
- 2018.03.18 Happy Saint Patrick's Day
- 2018.03.10 Tipitina Tra La La
- 2018.03.03 Congo Square Rhythms Festival
- 2018.02.18 Brunch on the Mississippi
- 2018.02.13 All on Mardi Gras Day
- 2018.02.12 Lundi Gras
- 2018.02.11 Happy Joe Cain Day
- 2018.02.10 Iris and Tucks
- 2018.02.08 Uptown Parades
- 2018.02.07 Parade of Druids
- 2018.02.07 Morning Exercises
- 2018.02.02 Another Weekend of Parades
- 2018.02.01 Birthday Party
- 2018.01.27 A Mardi Gras Weekend
- 2018.01.20 Crossing The Mighty Mississippi
- 2018.01.16 D'Arcy's First Gig down south
- 2018.01.06 Our First Mardis Gras Parade
- 2017.12.31 Happy New Year from New Orleans
- 2017.12.25 Our Holidays in New Orleans
- 2017.12.22 Nights on the Town in New Orleans
- 2017.12.19 Merry Christmas From New Orleans
- 2017.12.10 Congo Square Drum Circle
- 2017.12.08 Kermit Ruffins
- 2017.12.04 Chalmette Trailer Park
- 2017.11.27 On The Road Again
- 2017.11.25 Tab Benoit
- 2017.11.19 Gumbo Festival Part Deux
- 2017.11.18 Tremé Creole Gumbo Festival
- 2017.11.07 Jamming with Vic and Ike
- 2017.11.04 Congo Square
- 2017.10.31 Halloween in the Crescent City
- 2017.10.29 Big Easy New Orleans
- 2017.10.27 Escape to Stone Mountain
- 2017.10.19 Last Trailer To Clarksville
- 2017.10.17 Home is where you park it
- 2017.10.16 This is how we roll
2018.03.18 Happy Saint Patrick's Day
Last updated: None
First we decided to go to the Irish Channel district of New Orleans for Tracy's Block Party and the Irish Channel parade. As we walked around I was amazed at how much green one person can fit on his or her body. We even took a green trolley up St. Charles.
We got there and the streets and the bar where the after party was to be were so packed that we couldn't even move. We decided not to stay.
We headed to a bus stop on Tchoupitoulas. We found out from a nice lady that the bus was not running there as it was redirected due to the parade. She was late for work so D'Arcy called an Uber and we all got in the car. She got out before us so she gave us some money for her share.
We got off at and went through the French Market, down Frenchmen and then we walked to Belle Diner for a bite to eat.
We walked down to Vaso's to listen to the sounds of our friends The Budz. While they were playing the Downtown Irish Club Parade was just passing just outside Vaso's. Cindy, the bass player's wife, was walking in this parade so we stepped out to watch.
The parade stopped around 30-90 on Frenchmen and we saw both Curtis and Cindy there.
I handed D'Arcy the camera so he took the pictures, We collected more throws like more beads,silk roses D'Arcy got a kiss when he got his roses. I got a garter from a man who slipped it onto my leg. They also threw vegetables. The prize throw was a cabbage. D'Arcy got a giant onion.
D'Arcy took a pictures of Cindy and I just outside Vaso's. Just for fun when The Budz was finished D'Arcy took a pictures of Curtis lifting my dress to show my garter.