- 2018.05.01 Back in our Regular Spot
- 2018.04.17 Coming Home to Cumberland
- 2018.03.30 Hello Canada
- 2018.03.27 My Birthday In Memphis
- 2018.03.26 Visiting Memphis
- 2018.03.25 Goodbye New Orleans
- 2018.03.18 Happy Saint Patrick's Day
- 2018.03.10 Tipitina Tra La La
- 2018.03.03 Congo Square Rhythms Festival
- 2018.02.18 Brunch on the Mississippi
- 2018.02.13 All on Mardi Gras Day
- 2018.02.12 Lundi Gras
- 2018.02.11 Happy Joe Cain Day
- 2018.02.10 Iris and Tucks
- 2018.02.08 Uptown Parades
- 2018.02.07 Parade of Druids
- 2018.02.07 Morning Exercises
- 2018.02.02 Another Weekend of Parades
- 2018.02.01 Birthday Party
- 2018.01.27 A Mardi Gras Weekend
- 2018.01.20 Crossing The Mighty Mississippi
- 2018.01.16 D'Arcy's First Gig down south
- 2018.01.06 Our First Mardis Gras Parade
- 2017.12.31 Happy New Year from New Orleans
- 2017.12.25 Our Holidays in New Orleans
- 2017.12.22 Nights on the Town in New Orleans
- 2017.12.19 Merry Christmas From New Orleans
- 2017.12.10 Congo Square Drum Circle
- 2017.12.08 Kermit Ruffins
- 2017.12.04 Chalmette Trailer Park
- 2017.11.27 On The Road Again
- 2017.11.25 Tab Benoit
- 2017.11.19 Gumbo Festival Part Deux
- 2017.11.18 Tremé Creole Gumbo Festival
- 2017.11.07 Jamming with Vic and Ike
- 2017.11.04 Congo Square
- 2017.10.31 Halloween in the Crescent City
- 2017.10.29 Big Easy New Orleans
- 2017.10.27 Escape to Stone Mountain
- 2017.10.19 Last Trailer To Clarksville
- 2017.10.17 Home is where you park it
- 2017.10.16 This is how we roll
2018.01.16 D'Arcy's First Gig down south
Last updated: None
D'Arcy has accomplished his task, I really had a feeling he would.
D'Arcy and I went to the bass player's house for practice, Deej called and said he had a flat tire, but he was on the way. We went out to have Pizza at a place called Pizza Delicious all four of us D'Arcy, me, Curtis and his beautiful wife Cindy.
D'Arcy's band The Cain Gang played with D'Arcy on his guitar, David "Deej" Johnston playing drums, Curtis Rosy playing bass. Better still all three members of The Cain Gang sing, but yesterday all three of the guys were a bit under the weather, but they tried so hard. D'Arcy lost his voice and the other two had to do most of the singing.
Sure D'Arcy sits in with different people, but this was his first gig. Congratulations for the gig and for picking two terrific people to back you up.
Just as we were starting the open jam the power went out just for a few minutes then came back on just in time for Jason to play guitar and sing along with The Cain Gang. Jason asked if he could have a Cain Gang card and we gladly gave him one.
While we were inside the weather outside turned to freezing rain. So on the way home it was treacherous driving. We hope everyone made it home safe.
When we arrived we found out our hose froze again for the second time. It went down to -6°C. So much for getting away from Winter.