- 2018.05.01 Back in our Regular Spot
- 2018.04.17 Coming Home to Cumberland
- 2018.03.30 Hello Canada
- 2018.03.27 My Birthday In Memphis
- 2018.03.26 Visiting Memphis
- 2018.03.25 Goodbye New Orleans
- 2018.03.18 Happy Saint Patrick's Day
- 2018.03.10 Tipitina Tra La La
- 2018.03.03 Congo Square Rhythms Festival
- 2018.02.18 Brunch on the Mississippi
- 2018.02.13 All on Mardi Gras Day
- 2018.02.12 Lundi Gras
- 2018.02.11 Happy Joe Cain Day
- 2018.02.10 Iris and Tucks
- 2018.02.08 Uptown Parades
- 2018.02.07 Parade of Druids
- 2018.02.07 Morning Exercises
- 2018.02.02 Another Weekend of Parades
- 2018.02.01 Birthday Party
- 2018.01.27 A Mardi Gras Weekend
- 2018.01.20 Crossing The Mighty Mississippi
- 2018.01.16 D'Arcy's First Gig down south
- 2018.01.06 Our First Mardis Gras Parade
- 2017.12.31 Happy New Year from New Orleans
- 2017.12.25 Our Holidays in New Orleans
- 2017.12.22 Nights on the Town in New Orleans
- 2017.12.19 Merry Christmas From New Orleans
- 2017.12.10 Congo Square Drum Circle
- 2017.12.08 Kermit Ruffins
- 2017.12.04 Chalmette Trailer Park
- 2017.11.27 On The Road Again
- 2017.11.25 Tab Benoit
- 2017.11.19 Gumbo Festival Part Deux
- 2017.11.18 Tremé Creole Gumbo Festival
- 2017.11.07 Jamming with Vic and Ike
- 2017.11.04 Congo Square
- 2017.10.31 Halloween in the Crescent City
- 2017.10.29 Big Easy New Orleans
- 2017.10.27 Escape to Stone Mountain
- 2017.10.19 Last Trailer To Clarksville
- 2017.10.17 Home is where you park it
- 2017.10.16 This is how we roll
2017.11.19 Gumbo Festival Part Deux
Last updated: None
D'Arcy brought his shaker and his claves so he can keep time to the music along with other audience members. He even showed a little boy how to use them and the little was happy using them.
Today we heard the great sounds of Pinettes Brass band, Hot 8 Brass Band, Trumpet Mafia and Rebirth Brass Band.
D'Arcy wants to purchase a frottier (rub board) so that I can say that D'Arcy has a washboard stomach. Ha ha!
While the Hot 8 band were ending their great performance the crowd cheered and that was partly because the New Orleans Saints won against the Washington Redskins 34 TO 31. So I guess in New Orleans they love the New Orleans Saints. In honour of them the band played "When the Saints Go Marching In."
Once again D'Arcy and I sampled their delicious gumbo. This time we tried a seafood gumbo.
D'Arcy and I were impressed they teach the kids at such a young age to play music. In fact there were some young kids in several of the bands such as To Be Continued (TBC) Brass Band and Rebirth Brass Band.
D'Arcy took a picture of a cymbal cut down in a spiral. The Trumpet Mafia Band. was using it.
Well that ends another busy weekend in New Orleans.